Saturday 26 April 2014

A PROMISE KEPT


A common opinion about politicians is not very positive but I had a unique experience. I met a man who could look beyond his career and give importance to humanity – Mr. Danam Nagender! I went to him with a request of making life easy for people like me with disabilities along with the senior citizens of the nation. I wanted him to get ramps built at polling booths so we could exercise our vote with ease. When I first visited him, it was a busy day and a countless number of people were waiting to get a glimpse of him. I went with the same hope and I was surprised to see the warmth with which he received not only me but also a few others waiting there.
                                                        Speaking about my experience he immediately came to see me when he got a word from a man. After we exchanged formal greetings he enquired about my visit. Then I presented to him my request in the form of a representation letter which he read keenly. After getting to know my request he appreciated me for my efforts and promised to do all that he can to make my next voting experience a bliss. I was feeling positive but the promptness with which he kept his promise took me by surprise. Within a few weeks the newspapers announced ramps in every polling booths along with drinking water facilities for all the voters. This made me believe that there are good people in this world who want to look after the people who need some extra care.

                                                            Within no time I got another opportunity to meet the generous man and I thanked him for his quick response to my request. This experience of mine made me realize that my generalized approach towards politicians needed to be changed to a specific one where each individual is to be understood before judging him/her. There is always some scope for development with leaders like Mr. Danam Nagender on our side. Thank you for being there sir!   

No comments:

Post a Comment